SS are asked to demonstrate note-taking on tourist text.
The main points: Principles and skills of interpreting tourist texts and pulicizing texts/ note-taking speed
1. Listen to the four passages of unit 6. Take notes and do interpretation.
2. SS are divided into groups and write tourist text to introduce a scenic spot or a historical interest and interpret it into TT. Next time, T chooses one text to ask ss from another group to do impromptu interpretation.
Unit 8: Note-taking intensive training and interpretation accessment
Teaching objective: let ss know about how interpretation is evaluated and learn to regulate their interpretation by keeping them in mind
Teaching requirements: T must evaluate ss’ interpretation according to the sheet in the classroom and ask ss to comment on their own interpretation.
1. Simulation 2: ss are asked to do impromptu interpretation on tourist text. T
cameras it and play it and comment on it.
2. Manner of interpreting
3. Evaluation sheet of interpreting
4. SS are asked to have model test and T gives them evaluation
according to the evaluation sheet
5. T explains the principles and skills of interpreting texts on catering
6. T introduces the skills of interpreting Chinese food menu
7. Listening strategy:
Listen and memorize: listen to get the first sentence and the last sentence of a
8. To explains what is summary interpretation?
9. Note-taking exercise: lengthen the unit of listening from 1 minute to 2 minute,
take notes and do interpretation of unit 3 and unit 7
homework: Listen to the 8 passages in unit 11 and 12. Take notes and do interpretation. T ask ss to come to the board to demonstrate their note-taking by only listening to the text for one time.
Unit 9: Interpreting texts on catering
Teaching objective: let ss grasp the principles and skills of interpreting texts on
catering and emphasize the importance of interpreting C food menu
Teaching requirement: T must systematically introduce the methods to interpret
C food menu